Monday, July 7, 2008

Joel Auge

I just checked out Joel Auge from a recommendation by Dan Wilt.

Verdict? I like it very much. I have only checked out his tracks on his MySpace page and I haven't stopped listening to his track "On the blue". What a song. With vocals that remind me of Ryan Adams a little, and lyrics that are so relaxed - yet challenging, it is one very tidy song.

Here are the lyrics...
Take me to, take me to 
Where you took Peter and the boys 
Calmed the stormy noise 
Made it so they knew 
They had to trust in you 
Walk with me 
Talk with me 
I want to know what you would say 
If you had me face to face 
What would I do 
With my feet out on the blue 
What would I do 
With my feet out on the blue 
Would I know that I was safe 
By your side out on the waves 
Would you tell don’t look down 
Keep your eyes fixed on me now 
When the waves wrap at your feet 
Don’t you worry, look to me 
Make me move 
Make me move 
I want to be what you’re about 
And not have any doubt in you 
Be what you want me to 
Even as my brain tells me that I should drown 
I still so believe that you would never let me down 


1 comment:

Dan Wilt said...

Glad you liked it Dan.