Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jesus? Amazed?


I was reading this morning the story of the Roman officer in Luke 7, and was blown away at the Roman officer's faith once again, but for the first time noticed another detail I have previously missed.

"When Jesus heard this, he was amazed." (9)

I then re-read the story, and noted that the Roman officer had almost switched roles on Jesus, and was using his surroundings as an officer in the army to explain his faith to Jesus, just like Jesus would use the things around him to explain his teachings - (the Bread of Life after feeding the 5000, the Living Water at the well, etc...) 

It's almost like Jesus is saying with a big grin on his face, "Touche! Now here's someone who gets it!"

So, today I prayed that I would to be able to become a person who can put a grin on Jesus' face with my faith too...

No comments: