Sunday, November 9, 2008

Persecution moment.

“Persecution comes when you live outside the box of conformity Dan.” - The Holy Spirit.

I was just praying for the persecuted church (we had a representative of Open Doors come to church last night and share with us about it, so it’s conviction is still hot on my heart) and the Holy Spirit gave me those words once I finished. Talk about a bit of an un-comfortable moment.

Do I live outside the box of conformity enough? Does my light shine from outside of the conformed culture in this country, or is it stuffed away under some bucket. Is my salt flavourless and dull, or is it still preserving what Jesus did for each and every person in this world.

When I was praying for the persecuted church just before, I grasped a sense of how genuine and sold-out these people are in their faith, it truly was a convicting moment, we don’t even know the meaning of the word “radical” compared to what their faith looks like.

No comments: